Saturday, July 9, 2011

July Meetup!

I arrived a bit early and waited outside the Historical Printing building for people to arrive.

Soon enough, we were a group of...what, 5 or so? That's the largest number we've ever had attend our meetups! I don't have a pic of everyone together yet because I didn't get one with my camera. Anyway, we went into Colonial Days. It was a lot smaller than it seemed, and I think many things weren't fully going, but we saw a few fun things and I saw a spinning wheel! I even got a tip on where to buy one! *squee* However, they ran out of fans. :-( (Bonus points for anyone who actually knows what the heck I'm talking about).

Having received an exciting text, we went on a search for Chris and his girlfriend, Emily (I hope I got her name right...)! And guess what? We found them! Introductions all around (I'm so awkward at intros) and we went to the HUGE Freedom Days vendor's fair! There were so many things to look at (including a bunch of hair accessories) and we walked and talked. Jordan had to leave early, but we managed to grab a group shot before she left (again, not on my camera, sorry). I walked her to her car, then came back and ACTUALLY found the group again! w00t! Chris and I found out we have Star Trek TNG in common,

Adriene (sorry if I got that wrong) found a cool hair accessory that would work with her short hair (that's Chris and Emily watching),

Emily found some shiny sharp things,

and Amber and friend (sorry, friend, forgot your name) found a new boyfriend! ;-)

It was really hot, so we got some sorbet and food and sat in the shade to eat! Actually, Amber and friend found the shade, then we found them! We had fun talking (I made an embarrassing freudian slip involving the the word "banger") and then I had to leave! Anyone who stayed can add details if the meetup continued after that.

Shot of Amber and friend playing with their "yo-yos:"

Once again, thanks for coming and for reading! I LOVE THIS COMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment